New Nursery and Reception Intake 2020-2021
We are delighted that your child has been offered a place at Stirchley Primary and will be joining us in September. We are looking forward to meeting you and your child in the coming months and would like to welcome you to the Stirchley family.
Starting school is a very exciting time for all involved but it can also cause some anxiety. As a school, we are committed to smooth and timely transitions that allow each child to settle in, get to know their teachers and make new friends. We believe that parents and carers play a key role in this transition so you too can feel reassured that your children are safe and happy. At this point in time, we do not know how long school closures will last which makes it difficult for us to share details of our usual transition programme. Please let us reassure you that we are thinking of ways we can prepare your child and give them the best possible start to school.
In the meantime, please have a look at some of the useful information on this page and we will be in contact with you in the coming weeks.
Our EYFS Aims
- To offer a safe, secure and nurturing environment
- To make each child feel valued and support them to make friendships
- To provide a stimulating environment where each child can learn through first hand experiences
- To develop skills in order to become lifelong learners
- To provide opportunities for the children to ask their own questions, stimulating curiosity
- To provide an environment in which creativity, imagination and expressiveness are valued
- To encourage independence
These fact sheets are to help you support your child get ready for school. The main aim of these activities is to help children be curious, confident and ready to learn. Download the PDFs by clicking the links below.
Your child will need:
- Uniform and sensible school shoes
- Spare clothes in a separate bag
- PE Kit
- Book bag
- A warm coat, hat, scarf and gloves for the colder months
- A sun hat and sun cream for the warmer months
Please note, if your child comes to school in wellies on a rainy day, please provide them with some shoes to wear in the classroom. Please ensure all items of clothing are clearly labelled.
Click on the links below for more useful information: