Covid Catch-Up Funding
In June, a £1 billion fund for education was announced by the government. Further guidance has now been released (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-catch-up-premium) showing that the money is split between a catch-up premium and a national tutoring scheme.
The catch-up premium is funded on a per pupil basis at £80 per pupil. This will be based on the previous year’s census and will not include Nursery numbers, meaning Stirchley Primary School will be in receipt of £15,920 (199x £80). The spending of this money will be down to schools to allocate as they see best. To support schools to make the best use of this funding, the Education Endowment Foundation has published a support guide for schools with evidence-based approaches to catch up for all students.
Spend To Date
- Additional teacher for one day per week to support targeted interventions £2660
- Online 'Bug Club' Phonics support software to target the levelling up of outcomes £1468
- iPads to support online learning in small target groups £5051
- Vocab Ninja software to support the teaching of small group phonics £66
- Rising Stars English Scheme Y3-Y5 to provide a more comprehensive structure £4655