What is Values Education?
A values-based school seeks to promote an educational philosophy based on valuing self, others and the environment through the consideration of an ethical values vocabulary (principles that guide behaviour), as the basis of good educational practice. It encourages adults to model values and to give time for reflective practices that empowers individuals to be effective learners and good citizens.
How does this look at Stirchley Primary School?
- Values Word - At the beginning of each month the children are introduced to a new 'Values' word during our assembly. This word is then explained to the children and the assembly is based on the value word of the month.
- Classroom Values - All classrooms display our values to allow children to identify with the words and have a clear understanding of what they mean. These words form the basis of many SEAL and PSME lessons.
- Stirchley Values Tree - Our values tree is very important to us. It is displayed in the school hall alongside our word of the month. Any child who has been able to demonstrate our 'values' will have their photograph placed on the tree for all the school to see. The children are very proud to be placed on the 'Values' Tree.
- Values Award Ceremony - At the end of each week children who have demonstrated consistently high 'values' will be mentioned in our Friday Celebration Assembly.
- ACORNS Values - These are the foundations on which the school operates.
Our Values Tree